Details - Environmental Specialist
Location: Aisin Manufacturing Illinois
Date Posted: 09/08/2020
SUMMARY: Maintain responsible environmental stewardship, both internally and externally. Ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Assist in the maintenance of a Company-wide Environmental Management System.
Submit Application Return to Careers
Maintain and effectively advance & implement environmental policies, procedures, and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Maintain and advance a recycling program for production and non-production waste.
Oversee and direct waste shipments, documents, logs and summary spreadsheets.
Complete compliance reports for city, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
Inspect condition of facility equipment and coordinate corrective action as necessary.
Monitor plant chemical usage and maintain chemical survey.
Monitor, maintain and update AMI environmental regulatory and compliance issues.
Assure all manufacturing and support operations are aware and take responsibility for environmental requirements.
Conduct in-house environmental training and arrange on-site contract training.
Contribute to cross functional team projects with manufacturing and all support groups especially safety and facilities.
Maintain community relationships with recycling groups.
Perform other duties as assigned in order to ensure achievement of section, department, or company plan.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Working knowledge of USEPA, Illinois EPA and DOT laws and regulations and experience in dealing with their application in industry.
- Thorough understanding of rules, regulations and equipment involving hazardous and all solid waste, water discharges and air discharges.
- Ability to deal with all levels of Team Members to gain cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements and world class environmental practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for internal and external contacts
- Math skills to scope and solve environmental problems in solid waste, water and air inputs/outputs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulatory requirements, permits, and use an ISO 14001 program to manage all environmental aspects and impacts.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resolution follow-through
- Capable of analyzing cost effectiveness of proposals
- Coordination skills to schedule meetings and projects with other departments
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Minimum Level of Preparation & Training Required:
High School diploma or equivalent is required
Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or related field required
3 – 5 years experience in environmental management.