Details - Manufacturing Specialist/Assembly Team Member
Location: Aisin Manufacturing Illinois
Date Posted: 05/07/2021
SUMMARY: Perform detailed and complex job functions (ie. normal course of business activities). Investigate and recommend ways to improve efficiencies of daily job activities.
Submit Application Return to Careers
JOB TITLE: MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST 2nd Shift
DEPARTMENT: MANUFACTURING REPORTS
TO:OFF LINE TEAM LEADER, MANUFACTURING
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to utilize gross motor skills such as (but not limited to): standing, walking, sitting, bending at the waist/knees, kneeling, lifting, pushing, and pulling. The employee must have the ability to lift, push, pull, and/or remove up to 35 pounds. The employee may be required to use arms, hands, and fingers to: handle and balance parts and materials, clamp/unclamp, feel objects, pinch, grasp, operate tools, reach, lift, type, write, and other fine motor skills. Specific vision abilities that may be required in some departments include, but are not limited to: distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, focus, the ability to accurately perceive color and the ability to work at a computer or screen for an extended period of time.
The employee must also have demonstrated cognitive abilities including, but not limited to: memory, attention skills, logic and reasoning, auditory and visual processing, and gross/fine motor processing speed.
Teamwork along with face-to-face interaction is an essential part of this job function and requires regular attendance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain charts, graphs, and production reports
- Ability to perform basic math and measurements and to gauge parts
- Ability to understand production sheets
- Flexible and capable of adapting to change
Minimum Level of Preparation & Training Required:
A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ensure machines are functional and safe to operate
- Maintain quality on parts being produced and report any quality problems
- Perform 5S activities
- Perform all material handling functions (raw materials and finished goods)
- Assist with inventories
- Control flow of materials using standardized work
- Report safety problems immediately and operate equipment safely
- Avoid passing defects to next process
- Perform Kaizen duties and make improvement suggestions
- Report daily line problems and countermeasures to Off Line Team Leader
- Meet daily production levels
- Determine correct shipping and receiving requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to ensure achievement of section, department, or company plan