Details - Cost Control Specialist
Location: Aisin Manufacturing Illinois
Date Posted: 08/06/2019
SUMMARY: Perform detailed and complex job functions (ie. normal course of business activities). Investigate and recommend ways to improve efficiencies of daily job activities.
Submit Application Return to Careers
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for use with both internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and cost
- Innovative problem solving and improvement skills
- Ability to work through complex accounting issues independently
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related software
Minimum Level of Preparation & Training Required:
A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is required
Manufacturing cost accounting experience preferred
- Cost Planning: Investigate and summarize the detailed cost of products for all direct and indirect costs associated with the production of that specific product. Benchmark and compare internal costs to other production facilities.
- Cost Logic: Accumulate and review all financial information to develop rates annually to assist in cost planning.
- Cost Control: Prepare the annual budget and monthly forecasts. Investigate variances compared to budget and results on a monthly basis, determine root cause, and take corrective action with the assistance of other departments. Review and analyze other departments’ cost improvement initiatives to ensure annual targets are being achieved.
- Long-Term Profit Plan: Accumulate the long-term profit plan in order to display the profitability trend and identify key areas of improvement.
- Continuously improve all aspects of the business to reduce expenses and improve profit.
- Accept job assignments as necessary outside of normal job focus to balance section work load and develop additional knowledge and competitiveness.