Details - Production Engineer
Location: Aisin Light Metals
Date Posted: 03/19/2018
Skills & Abilities Required:
- ● Knowledge of automotive manufacturing.
- ● Knowledge of the Toyota Production System and JIT.
- ● Extrusion Engineering knowledge.
- ● Excellent written communication skills.
- ● Excellent time management skills.
- ● Excellent cooperative personality.
- ● Short term notice business travel.
- ● Overseas business travel.
- ● Ability to interact well with coworkers.
- ● Ability to lead "white board" discussions to chart and better understand ALM systems
- ● Ability to work 2 shifts.
- ● Ability to work weekends and holidays .
- ● Ability to interact and work as a team at all levels of the organization.
- ● Ability to understand, follow and implement posted work rules and company procedures.
- ● Ability to accept constructive criticism and grow / change.
- ● Ability to work with members from multi national backgrounds
- ● Will perform other related tasks within the company are required by the Supervisor or Management.
Minimum Level of Preparation & Training Required:
● Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
● 5 years of prior applicable experience in manufacturing.
● Aluminum extrusion and machining experience desired.
● Automotive experience required.
● Valid passport for travel required for travel
- ● Responsible for leading the reduction of unplanned downtime for mass production and new equipment.
- ● Responsible for leading the continuous improvement for mass production and new equipment.
- ● Responsible for leading the manufacturing feasibility of design changes and new designs.
- ● Responsible for implement engineering changes based on drawing revisions along with maintaining
- the most current drawings for each product
- ● Responsible for waste reduction activities including overproduction, muda and non value-added work.
- ● New Equipment Installation and Process Preparation including the creation of the schedule, PPP &
- PPS, PFMEA, activities.
- ● Responsible for Zero NG (No Go) activity - track all NG's with follow up of countermeasures.
- ● Ensure that production rates and machine cycle times meeting company targets.
- ● Ensure the on-time delivery of all equipment necessary to support new product launches.
- ● Responsible for facility planning, procurement, and management.
- ● Experience with equipment maintenance and repair (mechanical and electrical).
- ● Develop and document training for manufacturing equipment and processes to ensure operators are
- properly trained to produce product.
- ● Develop and implement cost reduction and continuous improvement actions to build a quality
- product at lowest possible cost.
- ● Ensure plant and OSHA safety requirements, production utilization goals, and facilities support is met
- through proper maintenance planning.
- ● Coordinate with other departments to ensure EPA compliance
- ● Responsible for meeting department budget.
- ● Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- ● Will perform other reasonably related tasks within the Company as required by the Supervisor or Management.